confusing code....whats the point of this construct ?

Malte Vesper malte.vesper at postgrad.manchester.ac.uk
Wed Mar 11 11:09:38 EDT 2015

Now I am confused. I thought the code where empty and skip are inside
the wait_event_timeout leads to empty beeing evaluated every time that
the waiting threads gets awoken.
And since some other thread might change /ar->htt.num_pending_tx/ it is
necessary to check this every time we get awoken, rather than once
before we go to sleep.

Also the locking part arround empty seems to support my guess (why sync
if you do not have multiple threads accessing a variable).

These are only guesses without looking at the surrounding code.
Could you please explain why you think it is sufficient to evaluate the
condition only once before sleeping on it? (empty || skip) is a constant
if you do not update either empty or skip, at least from my point of view.