menuconfig: can not select scsi device support

Paul Bolle pebolle at tiscali.nl
Fri Mar 6 04:23:10 EST 2015

On Fri, 2015-03-06 at 07:44 +0100, robert rottermann wrote:
> Now, when I start menuconfig I find Device Drivers-> SCSI device support, but
> selecting it produces an empty page.
>
> Why is that so?
> Do I have to add other elements to the configuration process?

My guess is you're missing BLOCK. If BLOCK is not set see you'll see
       SCSI device support  ----

in the Device Drivers page of "make menuconfig". And if BLOCK is set
you'll see
       SCSI device support  --->

(Yes, the difference is rather subtle.) Then you should see a non-empty
page if you select that:
    [ ] RAID Transport Class (NEW)
    [ ] SCSI device support (NEW)

(And, yes, there are two entries labeled "SCSI device support".) You can
(probably) set BLOCK in the main menu under
    [ ] Enable the block layer  ----

Hope this helps,

Paul Bolle