Qemu configuration question

Sébastien Hinderer Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org
Thu Jun 18 07:18:49 EDT 2015

Hey Peter, thanks a lot for your message!

Peter Senna Tschudin (2015/06/18 12:54 +0200):
> Hello Sebastien,
> > When running my configured kernel in Qemu, poweroff does not work
> > properly: the machine is halted but the kvm process that runs it does
> > not terminate, whereas it does so when powering off the machine after
> > having booted a regular Debian kernel.
> >
> > Current kernel configuration: http://paste.debian.net/233958/
> >
> > Can anobody see what's missing or misconfigured?
> Does it only happen with your kernel or with any kernel?

Just with my kernel. When I boot on the kernel built by Debian, things
work fine, which is what has lead me to suspect a wrong kernel
configuration.

> I had similar
> issue(but it was with any kernel, not only with custom kernels) on
> Fedora, and for fixing I needed to install ACPI packages on Fedora.

Ah that's interestng to know! Thanks!

> This may be related:

Since it is kernel-specific I guess the bug report does nothelp, at
least I was not able to find informationin it butperhaps I overlooked?

Cheers,

Sébastien.