How .suspend and .resume are invoked

Anand Moon moon.linux at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 1 14:39:49 EDT 2015

Hi Bjorn,

https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/power/devices.txt

> What I meant is suppose you have USB not connected
> then what is the state of the device driver.
>
> Is the .probe function running continuously in the background.

No.  Now your into USB hotplug, aren't you? But if this is related to
suspend/resume, then it's probably answered by
https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/usb/power-management.txt

Sorry for only pointing to further reading, but I'm definitely not
capable of answering any better than the experts who have written those
documents.  And I seriously doubt anyone else is either - with the
possible exception of those experts.  And they shouldn't have to repeat
their answers when they have taken the time to write excellent docs,
should they?

Bjørn

Thanks for these pointers.

-Anand Moon