how can I find where is the macro or function deifined

Navy Cheng navych at 126.com
Tue Jul 28 22:54:46 EDT 2015

On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 08:25:04PM -0400, Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Jul 2015 23:54:36 -0000, Gnoleba GNOGBO said:
> > Can you give a procedure step by step  please to answer please ?
>
> http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=ctags+vim+tutorial
> http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=ctags+emacs+tutorial

Hi, Valdis
Thanks for your answer but I can't  open these links.

For example, you have a kernel tree, ~/linux-4.1, in your pc.

steps:

+ cd ~/linux-4.1
+ make tags  => Now,TAGS is created
+ Both emacs and vim can use TAGS. I don't konw if other editers can do such
  things
  + for emacs:
    + *M-x visit-tags-table* and load TAGS
    + M-. =>find tag
    + C-u M-. =>go to the next matched tag
    + M-*  => return to last tag
  + for vim:
    + Just open vim in ~/linux-4.1
    + open the source files and put the cursor on the tags you are interested
    + ctrl + ] => goto the tag
    + ctrl + t => return to your last tag

tips:

Hi,gnognoleba
I think these answers is easy to find on the internet, and learning from the
internet is a important skill. Finding on net is faster for you. It's better to
google it first. If there is not answers you want, come to here and every one
is pleasure to help you.
Hi