how can I find where is the macro or function deifined

Manavendra Nath Manav mnm.kernel at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 12:37:08 EDT 2015

On Tue 28 Jul, 2015 21:41 Ahmed Soliman <ahmedsoliman0x666 at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi;
when I used libc I never memorized where each function is located
beyond the basics (for example I never knew if strlen is in string.h
or ctype.h or strlib.h )
I just check out the functions man pages by man strlen
is their such functionality for the kernel where I dont need to
memorize the dependencies for example if MODULE_LICENSE is in kernel.h
or module.h with out using the internel to google them .

You can use cscope and/or ctags to jump directly to the symbol definition.