st_magn_i2c DRDY on INT1 not available error

Joo Aun Saw jasaw at dius.com.au
Mon Jul 13 23:26:44 EDT 2015

Hi,

I have an lsm303dlhc chip with accelerometer and magnetometer sensors.
I'm having difficulty getting the st_magn_i2c driver to work. I get
this error message:
 iio iio:device0: DRDY on INT1 not available.
 st-magn-i2c: probe of 1-001e failed with error -22

This is my device tree fragment:
    fragment at 0 {
        target = <&i2c_arm>;

        __overlay__ {
            #address-cells = <0x1>;
            #size-cells = <0x0>;
            status = "okay";

            lsm303dlhc-magn at 1e {
                compatible = "st,lsm303dlhc-magn";
                reg = <0x1e>;
                status = "okay";
                st,drdy-int-pin = <1>;
            };
        };
    };

I'm running kernel 3.18.11. The accelerometer driver works fine though.

What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Joo