HELP All USEFULL LINK

Luis de Bethencourt luis at debethencourt.com
Thu Jul 2 13:52:34 EDT 2015

On 2 July 2015 at 17:44, Gnoleba GNOGBO <gnognoleba at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All !
>
> Please help me.
> Can you give me the all usefull link to understand how the kernel works.
> I am 62. I would like to be evangilist of linux in Africa.
> I have no money to buy books or courses.
>
> Thanks for your help.
> GNOGBO

Hi Gnogbo,

http://kernelnewbies.org/Documents
is full of good resources

https://lwn.net/Kernel/LDD3/
Most recommended Linux Kernel book and it is free to download.

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/Documentation
The Kernel is very well documented.
I recommend starting here:
https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/Documentation/development-process

http://eudyptula-challenge.org/
Eudyptula challenge is great to learn by doing. Join it :)

http://free-electrons.com/training/kernel/
Same with this training.

I'm sure people here will have more resources to recommend.

That said, the Linux Kernel is huge. Currently at over 15 million lines of
code. If you tell us which specific areas are of your interest, we can give
you more pinpointed recommendations.

Enjoy! It is a long path of learning but a fun and gratifying one.
Luis