Kernel 2.6.32.60 64bit Crash/Hung

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Tue Jan 27 09:34:35 EST 2015

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 03:52:05AM +0000, Giridhara RP (grp) wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> Thanks for the quick turnaround. Which is the stable version? Kernel
> 2.6.32.60 was used in RHEL 6.2 and we thought this kernel version is
> stable.

What do you mean by "stable"?

Yes, it is "stable" if you have hardware that you bought before that
kernel was released, and you know how to support a kernel on your own,
but if you are doing this with newer hardware (as it seems you are), you
need to use a much newer kernel.

Again, the community can not help you out when you run old kernels like
this, only a company that you pay support to can (like Red Hat, if you
want to use their kernels, great, they will support you and you will pay
for it.)

So I strongly suggest, if you are doing this on your own, to use the
3.18 kernel release.

Best of luck,

greg k-h