SIze of a file shows 124 GB while available size is less than 16 GB

manty kuma mantykuma at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 04:07:39 EST 2015

Hi All,

I am working with bionic c(Android).

There is a file that I generated which is showing 124 GB(ls -l) size.
Whereas the actual available memory on the partition is less than 16 GB.

I am trying to debug but unable to reach any conclusion. What could be the
possible reason? Has someone seen like this before?

Posting it here as I think it has got something to do with linux internals.

I am guessing fseek's offset somewhere has gone wrong. But any directions
would be very helpful.

Regards,
Manty