Make cscope fails for me now as of lastest commits on Linus's tree

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Sun Jan 18 17:14:37 EST 2015

On Sat, 17 Jan 2015 23:28:18 -0500, nick said:
> Greetings Kernel Developers,
> After pulling the latest kernel commits for Linus’s tree, I am
> getting a build failure with make cscope. Below is the error
> messages.
> find: unknown predicate `--cc'
> I am unsure of why I am getting this and if this is a bug or an issue
> with my machine.

Obvious first thing to do is 'make -v cscope' and see what the entire command
line that's failing is.  I'm fairly sure that you've managed to mess up your
source tree or build environment somehow, because:

[/usr/src/linux-next] find [a-z]* -type f | xargs grep -e "--cc"
scripts/get_maintainer.pl:  Using "--roles" or "--rolestats" with git send-email --cc-cmd or any
[/usr/src/linux-next]

There's only one occurrence of "--cc" in the current source tree, and it's not
relevant as it's part of a longer string.