Help

Anuz Pratap Singh Tomar chambilkethakur at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 05:19:43 EST 2015

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 9:16 AM, SAJID HOSSAIN <sajid.sajid5786 at outlook.com>
wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> I am new to open source and really interested in contributing to Linux
> kernel, can someone please help me how to get started.
> P.S : I have good knowledge in computer architecture, operating systems
> and C/C++
>
> 1. Learn to use proper subject line, "help" doesn't ring any bell at all.
2. This question is asked every now and then, it is advisable to search the
mailing list archives before asking this question.
3. Google a bit and work through basics like learning about Linux in
general and programming and open source culture.
4. READ MORE, I mean read a lot before you ask a question. When you have
exhausted all the avenues of self help, then come here with specific
problem and we would be able to help.
5.  I wrote this a while ago but still relevant
http://kernelnewbies.org/mailinglistguidelines

Also dig kernelnewbies.org  for more details.