Shared mapping

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon Jan 12 11:50:04 EST 2015

On Mon, 12 Jan 2015 07:34:41 -0600, riya khanna said:

> Suppose A and B have mapped the same physical memory or shmem file. I want
> a way to make process A forcefuly revoke/remap the existing shared memory
> mappings in process B, so that B sees whatever A does.

Umm..B should be seeing what A does *already*.  That's the whole *point* of
shared mmap spaces.

And what problem are you trying to solve by doing this, anyhow?  There's
probably a better approach (for starters, have A set up the mappings, then
fork B which gets the mappings all set up from the start).