Query regarding Kernel Space Memory

Vishwas Srivastava vishu.kernel at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 14:53:56 EST 2015

Hi Sannu,
            1G/3G address split is for virtual address. I am not talking
about physical address translation stuff here.
When a kernel code is compiled for a 32 bit architecture, my assumption is,
compiler will generate the code for the full 4G address range. So there
must be somebody who is relocating/translating the kernel code address
between 0-4G to 3G--4G address space.
Who is that guy? and is my understanding correct??