Developing environments used for kernel development

Daniel. danielhilst at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 14:27:41 EST 2015

My boss came to my desk today raiging that I should use more productive
tools for developing. Well I don't want to begin an editor war but, yes, I
use emacs. I used to use vim before but the integration of emacs and gdb
has caught my attention.

To be clear, as "more productive tools" he understands graphical eye candy
tools. My argument to use an "simple editor plus makefiles" was, it just
works and thats it. So before to downloading eclipse just to make my boss's
eyes happy I've decided to make a little research.

What you guys are using today to develope kenrel code?

Best Regards,
- dhs

--
*"Do or do not. There is no try"*