Identify Beacon Frame

Avinash Patil avinashapatil at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 14:07:41 EDT 2015

Well..from userspace application you need to register which subtype of
frames you want to receive.
This is done with netlink sockets. You can check
hostapd/wpa_supplicant sources to see how this is done.

http://w1.fi/wpa_supplicant/

I assume you are using newer kernel e.g. 3.0 onwards.
Old kernels did not support cfg80211; also your WLAN device driver
needs to support mgmt register and mgmt rx.

https://www.kernel.org/doc/htmldocs/80211/API-struct-cfg80211-ops.html

Thanks,
Avinash