Safety in Kernel Development

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Tue Aug 18 11:46:31 EDT 2015

On Tue, 18 Aug 2015 21:58:15 +0800, 慕冬亮 said:

> Since I knew that Linux kernel didn't accept the pax/grsecurity , but wrote
> its own implement, and some linux developers do not have sense of security,
> I think linux security will be a problem in the future.

The fact that a specific security patch that is very invasive and comes with
some large tradeoffs was never submitted in a form suitable for merging is
*not* the same thing as kernel developers not having a sense of security.

Note that large sections of what used to be in the grsecurity patch *have*
been reworked, submitted, and accepted into the kernel.