signals handling in kernel

Jeff Haran Jeff.Haran at citrix.com
Fri Aug 14 14:55:27 EDT 2015

From: KASHISH BHATIA [mailto:kashish.bhatia1989 at gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, August 14, 2015 11:06 AM
To: Jeff Haran
Subject: Re: signals handling in kernel

Jeff,
You are right, that's what my understanding was about signals. But after posting the question on the mailing list, I was going through
signal.c and signal.h files and I kind of wrote a kernel module where I am able to send signal from one kthread to another but I am still not able to override the existing default handler of the signal.
Though I came across one of the exported function called "kernel_sigaction()" through which one can register signal handler but I am not sure it will work as expected. The API was introduced in kernel 3.16 version.