How to get kernel header from my kernel source tree?

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Mon Apr 27 08:53:46 EDT 2015

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 05:40:11PM +0800, tianlilai wrote:
> Hi,Everyone:
> I have updated the kernel from v2.6.32 to v2.6.36 using my kernel source
> tree(v2.6.36). so I must provide the new kernel header  to the
> developers of the device driver. How can I get the kernel header from my
> kernel source tree which the version is v2.6.36?

What "device driver developers"?  A Linux kernel driver is part of the
whole kernel image, you can't provide just header files to them, that
will not work at all as they can't build something that way, they need
the whole kernel source tree.

And 2.6.36 is very old, please just download the latest kernel release
from kernel.org and point the developers at that as well.

greg k-h