User space API for reading register information

victorascroft at gmail.com victorascroft at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 04:00:14 EDT 2015

Hi,

On 15-04-20 16:07:27, manty kuma wrote:
> Hi,
> Is there an Linux User space API to get the register information?

Which register and why do you want to access this register?

> In my application, I wish to see the stack pointer allocated to me and if
> possible the backtrace as well. Is it possible by any standard API?

Since you are doing application development, gdb should serve very well
for such things. Looking at backtrace and such. This has got nothing per
se to do with kernel.

Look up articles on how to use gdb for application debugging.
http://rsquared.sdf.org/gdb/

> Best Regards,
> Manty

- Sanchayan.