Kernel thread scheduling

Silvan Jegen me at sillymon.ch
Fri Apr 17 03:45:48 EDT 2015

Am 2015-04-16 23:41, schrieb Jeff Haran:
> I often read emails on this list from people looking to help and get
> started in kernel development. Well, here's a good place to start.
> Submit patches to fix some of those Coverity identified kernel bugs.
> Some of them will be false positives, but some of them will be the
> real thing.

I totally agree.

If there are people that do not want to use non-free software for static
code analysis (even as a service) they can instead go for smatch[0].
Smatch is part of the 0-day Kernel test infrastructure[1] of Intel and
is open source software.

I've written a short blog post on how to use smatch here[2]. Any
feedback and/or criticism would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Silvan

[0] http://smatch.sourceforge.net/