Kernel thread scheduling

John de la Garza john at jjdev.com
Thu Apr 16 14:32:03 EDT 2015

On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 10:56:46AM -0400, Ruben Safir wrote:
> I'm trying to find rb_node's structure and I can't find it with ctags or
> in the http://lxr.linux.no website.
>

> How do you search these things out?

I run:
	make ctags

run vim

type:
	:ts rb_node

then I scanned the list for things that are from include/linux

and found this
 20 F   s    rb_node           include/linux/rbtree.h
               struct rb_node {

I select 20 and it takes me to include/linux/rbtree.h

and puts me at the line containing this:

	struct rb_node {
		unsigned long  __rb_parent_color;
		struct rb_node *rb_right;
		struct rb_node *rb_left;
	} __attribute__((aligned(sizeof(long))));
	  /* The alignment might seem pointless, but allegedly CRIS needs it */