coming shortly: series of simple kernel questions i should know the answers to

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Wed Apr 1 07:35:31 EDT 2015

On Wed, Apr 01, 2015 at 07:21:38AM -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   a lot of the early questions will be based on clarifying details of
> the driver model, as the current documentation under
> Documentation/driver-model/ is somewhat out of date so i desperately
> need to put together something far more current.

I'll gladly accept patches to fix up the in-kernel documentation for
the driver-model.  A number of things have changed in this area over the
past years, especially in the power managment area.

But really, almost no "normal" developer has to mess with the kernel at
this layer, it's rare that someone writes a new bus or subsystem.

Ok, well, we add about one new one every kernel release, so there would
be 6 new developers a year that could benifit from better documentation,
not a huge number :)

thanks,

greg k-h