A quick guide to why stand-alone checkpatch patches suck...

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Wed Sep 17 14:15:07 EDT 2014

On Wed, 17 Sep 2014, Nick Krause wrote:

> ... like to improve my rep with a tutor or someone who is willing to
> be my router to the community  ...

  there is no sane human being that would offer to be a tutor or
mentor (a request you've made before) or "router" to someone who
absolutely refuses to listen to the advice people give him.

  you have absolutely no idea what mentoring involves, do you, nick?
people offer to become mentors because they find up and coming folks
who appear to be bright, ambitious and teachable, not irredeemably
thick.

  this *entire* *mailing* *list* has been trying to tutor or mentor
you for the last two months, and it has been a colossal waste of time.
where do you get the nerve to now ask for *personal* assistance, given
that everyone knows you simply ignore whatever anyone tells you?

  can we please, fer chrissake, just vote on a ban to get rid of nick
and cut the nonsense on this mailing list by 90%? please?

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca