wakeup source - power management

Ran Shalit ranshalit at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 07:37:34 EDT 2014

On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 9:43 PM, AYAN KUMAR HALDER <ayankumarh at gmail.com> wrote:

>> How should a wakeup source for a device be configured in code.
>> I could not find it documented anywhere.
>>
> Check out drivers/input/keyboard/samsung-keypad.c. It is configured as
> a wakeup source:-
> 1. device_init_wakeup() - configuring the device to be of wakeup type
> 2. enable_irq_wake() - configuring the interrupt to be of wakeup type.
>
> True, I could not find the documentation for the same.
>
> Regards,
> Ayan Kumar Halder

Hi Ayan,

This issue is the point I'm get difficulties with and would appreciate
your clarifications.
Is the wakeup source relevant only for suspend/resume , or also for
runtime PM ? for example, is the keybaord example , which you linked,
relevant for runtime PM too ?
If yes - is the keybaord interrupt wakeup only the keyboard driver,
and nothing else, including the cpu ?

Thanks,
Ran