Bug Patch

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon Sep 8 18:09:59 EDT 2014

On Mon, 08 Sep 2014 17:05:39 -0400, nick said:

> In ieee_80211_rx.c we may have a Null allocated sub in parse_subframe
> and need to check if the allocated skb is NUll. If it is return -ENOMEM.

> +			if (!sub_skb)
> +				return NULL;

1) null, Null, and NULL are all OK in various contexts.  NUll isn't.

2) the rest of the file uses 'return 0;' not 'return NULL;'

Oh, and (3)  What's wrong with this picture?

Nick, this is *exactly* the reason why *NOBODY* wants to accept code
from you.  It's faster and more efficient for me to code the
patch myself and stick a Reported-By: crediting you for spotting
the bug than it takes for multiple iterations to get your patch right.

And the *reason* I'm submitting the patch myself is because every single
problem that's been pointed out to you with this patch is something that
has been pointed out to you before on other patches.