wakeup source - power management

AYAN KUMAR HALDER ayankumarh at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 16:36:18 EDT 2014

On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 1:50 AM, Ran Shalit <ranshalit at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 7, 2014 at 11:14 PM, AYAN KUMAR HALDER <ayankumarh at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> On Sat, Sep 6, 2014 at 9:56 PM, Ran Shalit <ranshalit at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> What does it mean device without wakeup source in terms of runtime PM ?
>>>
>> Can you give some source/reference where you came across this terminology.
>> "device without wakeup source"
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ayan Kumar Halder
>
> Hi,
>
> You can find it here:
> http://elinux.org/images/1/18/Elc2011_damm.pdf

If I am not mistaken, it takes about device without wakeup source in
Suspend to Ram
which is system power management and not runtime power management.
In this respect it means, the device cannot wake-up the system from
suspend state.
Such devices are completely powered down/clock disabled in suspend state.
Devices which have wakeup source like RTC are not powered down completely
so as to generate a wakeup interrupt. This would try to wakeup the system.

Sorry, I am not aware about "device without wakeup source" in terms of
runtime pm.

Regards,
Ayan Kumar Halder