How to confirm LOCALVERSION_AUTO config effect

Makoto Harada makotouu at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 10:21:54 EDT 2014

Dear expert

Would someone please teach me how to confirm LOCALVERSION_AUTO config
effect ?
I built my kernel with LOCALVERSION_AUTO enabled, and boot my PC with
the kernel.
My expectation is that uname will return the kernel version with git
hush version added,
however I can not see it as shown below.

[makoto at vostro ~]$ zcat /proc/config.gz |grep LOCALVERSION_AUTO
CONFIG_LOCALVERSION_AUTO=y
[makoto at vostro ~]$ uname -a
Linux vostro 3.2.0-makoto-0-dirty #5 SMP Fri Sep 5 22:32:22 JST 2014
x86_64 GNU/Linux

[makoto at vostro linux_mainline][v3.2]$ git rev-parse --verify HEAD
805a6af8dba5dfdd35ec35dc52ec0122400b2610

Any insight would be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Makoto Harada