How to safely access inode/dentry obtained from struct page *?

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Wed Sep 3 13:17:24 EDT 2014

On Wed, 03 Sep 2014 22:37:26 +0530, Joshi said:
> I do this only when I know that I am working on a partition which has filesystem

The problem is that the block layer has no way of knowing that.

What problem are you trying to solve here, and why are you trying to do it
from the block layer?  The *proper* design here would probably involve
doing VFS hooking of some sort to *tell* the block layer what to do (for
instance, if you're trying to do some sort of "secure erase", you would have
the VFS schedule a bunch of I/Os to the block layer).