ARM: dts: Passing 'irq' property in SPI child node

BhuvanChandra DharanikotaVenkata bhuvanchandradv at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 03:54:43 EDT 2014

Hi all,

Facing some issues while passing the *irq* property in child node of SPI
node.
I was trying to enable the SPI based mcp2515 can controller, according to
the documentation available in the bindings of mcp251x driver, added the
required properties of the node.
As per the requirement need to pass an irq of a GPIO, used
'interrupt-parent' and 'interrupts' properties in the child node (mcp251x
can node).
I had a doubt, how exactly the interrupts property was parsed and taken in
the mcp251x driver?
In driver the *spi->irq* holds the irq number, in non dt kernels we are
passing the irq value directly from platform data.
How can we pass the *irq* property required by mcp251x driver from the
device tree node?

http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/net/can/microchip,mcp251x.txt
http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/drivers/net/can/mcp251x.c?v=2.6.33

spi dt node: