Network subsystem and suggestions

Jaime Arrocha jarrocha27 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 13:16:57 EDT 2014

Hello all,

I would like to ask the reason behind the talk about the FreeBSD being
faster that Linux when talking about the network stack. I have visited some
blogs which appear biased and they only talk about multi-threading
networking. Is it in the quality of interrupt handlers?

Also, I came across these books.

UNIX Internals: The New Frontiers by Uresh Vahalia
UNIX Systems for Modern Architectures by Curt Schimmel

Will they be good reads (still relevant?) after reading the Linux books from
R.Love and W.Mauerer.

Lastly, what about this other book?
The Design of the UNIX Operating System by Maurice Bach

Is there a more modern book that touch on the same topics? Would a read
be worth in the future? I am trying to build a main track of books to
read.

Thank you.