I remove the audit and selinux from kernel and start the new kernel in Centos, but i can't bring up the network device, Why?

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon Oct 13 02:36:52 EDT 2014

On Mon, 13 Oct 2014 13:04:08 +0800, sizel said:
> I remove the audit and selinux from kernel and start the new kernel  in
> Centos, but i can't bring up the network device, Why?

This would be a lot easier to answer if you gave us some actual details:

1) Why did you think audit and selinux were the problem? (They probably aren't).
2) What *exactly is "the network device"? A wireless card? 1G ethernet? 10G Ethernet?
INfiniband? Something else?
3) What configuration are you trying to set up?
4) What error message, if any, do you get?
5) Have you ruled out the easy stuff, like trying to start an Ethernet
port with a missing/bad cable?
6) Why do you think it's a kernel problem and not a userspace problem?