User space <==> kernel space for device wakeups.

manty kuma mantykuma at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 21:38:12 EDT 2014

Hi All,

Thank you for the replies. I understand that I can use netlink sockets.
Also, i have gone through various other possible ways :
http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~arkeller/linux/kernel_user_space_howto.html

I am looking for a simpler solution which uses existing information of sys
entries. That is, I am looking for a sys entry which is incremented for
every device wakeup or some other sys entry that I can use to get notified
on wakeup.

Greg,
>> Really?  My device can "wakeup" thousands of times a second, what are
you going to do with that type of information?

I am talking of device as a whole not individual devices in the device. In
kernel log, we can see a print stating
"PM: suspend of devices complete after xxx msecs" --> *Prints from
kernel/kernel/power/main.c*

Similarly I get a print for resume stating
"PM: resume of devices complete after xxx msecs" --> *Prints from
kernel/kernel/power/main.c*
Ideally after the above print of resume i want my stats to be printed..
Programatically after dpm_resume_end().

Best Regards,
Manty