regarding ext3 and RDF sesisons

sham pavman shampavman.cg at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 11:12:49 EDT 2014

Hi all,

I'm creating a RDF session and using ext3 as my FS type.
What i've noticed is that once the synchronization has been initiated
between R1 and R2 i am unable to mount the device on R2 site.

I always get a "Bad superblock error" .
However if the RDF session is stopped or split then i'm able to mount the
same device on R2 site.

What i've so far found out is that when i try to mount (even with -r and
-noload options). I see that the Journaling still seems to be active and
during mount dmesg throws up error saying that "Journal recovery failed" .

I dont have any debug tools to even follow the mount syscall. So i'm having
to go through the code.
But i'm not able to get the call stack once the mount syscall is called.

Can anyone please help me find any docs or can you tell me how the call
flow begins after the mount syscall is called.

I'm aware of the VFS layer inbetween but i want to know the exact starting
point to start tracing from.

Thanks