How to submit for eudyptula-challenge

Aruna Hewapathirane aruna.hewapathirane at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 22:16:20 EDT 2014

Hi Wangyubin,

The log level you require is KERN_DEBUG ...

But when you run checkpatch.pl on your *.c file it will say:

WARNING: Prefer netdev_dbg(netdev, ... then dev_dbg(dev, ... then
pr_debug(...  to printk(KERN_DEBUG ...

So replacing printk(KERN_DEBUG ... with pr_debug will resolve this.

You can find the log files in /var/log and you can list them with ls /var/log.

The latest kernel I found has the debug and messages logs disabled by
default. You can easily rectify this by editing
/etc/rsyslog.d/50-default.conf. And un-commenting the section :

#*.=debug;\
#    auth,authpriv.none;\
#   news.none;mail.none    -/var/log/debug
#*.=info;*.=notice;*.=warn;\
#    auth,authpriv.none;\
#    cron,daemon.none;\
#    mail,news.none        -/var/log/messages

This will give you back the debug and message logs.

Good luck !

Aruna