Selecting a Linux Kernel Bug

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon Mar 24 09:23:01 EDT 2014

On Mon, 24 Mar 2014 12:22:58 +0530, sanjeev sharma said:

> Thanks and Let me subscribe so that I can start working on Bugs.

Subscribing to lkml almost guarantees you won't have enough time to
actually work on bugs.

"Note that nobody reads every post in linux-kernel. In fact, nobody who expects
to have time left over to actually do any real kernel work will read even half.
Except Alan Cox, but he's actually not human, but about a thousand gnomes
working in under-ground caves in Swansea. None of the individual gnomes read
all the postings either, they just work together really well." -- Linus Torvalds

The linux-kernel list has about 4 times the traffic now as when Linus said that.