Is my custom field added in page struct guaranteed zero when a page is allocated ?

zly.king at 163.com
Tue Mar 11 11:35:36 EDT 2014

hi,
I add a u64 field in struct page to record corresponding disk sector postion. I will change and read this field when dealing with page cache staff.
I want it stays zero unless my code change its value. Will the kernel 's allocating code guarantee that
the field is zero when the page is allocated? or Need I add some code to the allocating routine to explicitly fill the field with zero?

Regard,
Lingyu Zhu