where is the printf source for busybox?

Mohan L l.mohanphy at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 02:31:19 EDT 2014

> ssize_t attribute_hidden _cs_write(void *cookie, const char *buf, size_t
> bufsize)
> {
>         return write(*((int *) cookie), (char *) buf, bufsize);
> }
>  what does cs stand for here? (Hm.. seems like custom streams..in the
> code) and I couldn't follow past write above. Where is the function write
> defined?

Hi Chan,

write is a system call.

$ man 2 write

syscall table for x86 architecture can be found in :
<path>/arch/x86/syscalls/syscall_32.tbl

# cat <path>/arch/x86/syscalls/syscall_32.tbl | grep 'write'

4       i386    write                   sys_write

The format is:

search sys_write definition in kernel source.

Thanks
Mohan L