PROCESS PRIORITY

Saurabh Jain saurabh4768jain at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 13:12:54 EDT 2014

I am new to Linux kernel and I have got confused . Please can anyone give
answer to my questions :

Q1 -> Is static priority of a thread changes or not ? If changes then how
it changes ?

Q2 -> What is the default value of static priority and dynamic priority for
a process     and thread in Linux kernel ?

Q3 -> What is the initial value of static priority and dynamic priority for
a newly created thread and process?

Q4 -> When we talk about the priority of a process or thread (incrementing
/ decrementing priority , setting priority etc. ) , then which priority we
are referring , is it static priority or dynamic priority ?