Query regarding ARP request on a multi-homed system

Sudip Mukherjee sudipm.mukherjee at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 03:09:37 EDT 2014

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 12:16 PM, ankur dwivedi <ankurengg2003 at gmail.com> wrote:
> In my guess the eth0 interface will not do anything and drop the packet.

I happen to be the admin of a few server also and one of them is
having multiple lan card. In that , one card is configured as
192.168.1.1 (eth1) and the another 192.168.2.1 (eth2) and the other
(eth0) for global ip address .
Now , i just tried this - from 192.168.1.1 network (from the lan of
eth1)  , i tried to ping 192.168.2.1 and I received the reply . So the
interface is not dropping the packet .