code location where memory for page structures is allocated.

Karaoui mohamed lamine moharaka at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 09:20:20 EDT 2014

mm/page_alloc.c
AFAICC it's memmap_init_zone that initialize all pfns  of a zone to
default values (setting the pages as reserved).

Note that for the page structures we don't use the standard memory
allocators (kmalloc, vmalloc, etc), we simply calculate the amount of
memory that all the structures will hold in, and then allocate a
corresponding range of memory.

Hope that help.
Regards.