how to test the vanilla kernel

AYAN KUMAR HALDER ayankumarh at gmail.com
Sun Jun 22 10:37:38 EDT 2014

On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 6:48 PM, Sudip Mukherjee
<sudipm.mukherjee at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 22, 2014 5:57 PM, "shubham k" <skaushal.lk at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Gurus,
>>
>> I have virtual m/c with ubuntu linux-kernel 3.2.xx. Suppose I made any fix
>> in latest kernel say 3.16-rcx and want to test those changes. How i should
>> go about it? I am thinking to compile the modified kernel 3.16-rcx and
>> install it like standard procedure (make, make modules, make
>> modules_install, make install)
A small addition. You need to update the grub to be able to see the
new kernel entry in the boot options.
I believe there is no need to change the run level as the latest
kernel should work with the default gui run level (5). I have done the
same for kernel 3.14

Regards.
Ayan Kumar Halder