Are Small Changes in kernel accepted as patches

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Sat Jun 21 10:23:41 EDT 2014

On Sat, 21 Jun 2014 15:07:49 +0530, karthik said:

> I was just going through the linux-next source and found a small change
> in one of the files. (Unnecessary else)

One-line patches that fix misleading logic are always welcome.

Just remember to:

1_ Read Documentation/SubmititingPatches.txt and follow the directions

2) In the patch description/ changelog explain *why* the 'else' is unneeded
as that's a change in the program logic.   And then fix it correctly - if
the else is unneeded because you can prove it's deal code because the
if condition is always true, then the 'if then' part can probably be
fixed up as well....