v3.15 kernel panic, bisecting didn't help

Greg Donald gdonald at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 09:26:12 EDT 2014

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 7:49 AM, Bjørn Mork <bjorn at mork.no> wrote:
> Just a tip: You can also create Debian kernel packages directly from a
> mainline kernel with "make deb-pkg" (optionally with -jx etc as usual).

Is there something wrong with my current kernel packaging method?

make-kpkg clean; CONCURRENCY_LEVEL=17 screen fakeroot make-kpkg
--append-to-version=-1 --revision=1 --initrd kernel_image

The issue I'm trying to resolve is that v3.15.0 from
http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/
doesn't boot for me, but 3.15.0-rc8 does.  Something changed between
those two versions that is now causing a kernel panic on two identical
systems, and doing a git bisect doesn't turn up a meaningful answer at
the end.  All 7 of the bisected kernels I built yesterday boot just
fine.

Thanks,

--
Greg Donald