Work

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Fri Jul 25 13:28:11 EDT 2014

On Fri, 25 Jul 2014 11:03:36 +0530, ravi ranjan Mishra said:

> How to make environment like (build and test) for working on kernel patch,
> what are the resources should be available for that.
> thanks.

Depends on what exactly you're trying to do.  If it involves hardware
support, you'll need the hardware and a computer it will attach to.

Other than that, you'll need gcc, probably git, and if your target
system is a Raspberry Pi or similar *really* slow box, you'll want a faster
box to do cross-compiles.

But I've done essentially all my kernel hacking on bog-standard Dell Latitude
laptops...