Problems with Linux next tree

Alexey Tulia alexey.tulia at gmail.com
Tue Jul 15 02:46:52 EDT 2014

Hi Lucas,

To follow changes to the linux-tree tree you need to first do a remote
update (this will get all the changes from the remote linux-next branch
to the local origin/master tracking branch) and then reset the HEAD
pointer of current checked out branch to the HEAD of linux-next remote
tracking branch (i.e origin/master).

$ git remote update
$ git reset --hard origin/master

This will make your current branch (master) *exactly* like the remote
linux-next tree. You cannot do pull or merge from the remote tracking
branch.

--
Alexey Tulia