Memory allocation problems on RHEL 6.3 kernel version 2.6.32-279.el6.x86_64

Amit Agarwal amit at amit-agarwal.co.in
Mon Jul 14 08:16:15 EDT 2014

On 14-07-2014 15:10, shhuiw wrote:
> Some info needed:
> * Output of 'getconf PAGESIZE' [or PAGE_SIZE] on 2 systems
On both the systems, the output is :
4096

> * Output of 'free' before and after the application run on the 2 systems
> * Output of 'top' on the 2 systems
The data is attached in zip file. The filenames indicate
working/non-working systems.
> * Does the application call mlock on the mmaped area?
No, our application does not specifically call mlock.
Also, strace on application does not show any mlock on the non-working
system from application start to the time application dies.

--
Thanks,
-aka