Xserver on framebuffer (/dev/fbX)

Praveen Kumar Pendyala praveendath92 at iitb.ac.in
Tue Jul 8 09:26:42 EDT 2014

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 6:36 PM, Laurent Navet <laurent.navet at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
> > I have a kernel framebuffer driver which creates a new framebuffer device
> > at /dev/fbX (X = 1 or 2 generally). Now I want to run a Xserver on this
> > framebuffer. Can someone please give some pointers on how to do this?
>
> Maybe this one : https://github.com/notro/fbtft/wiki/Framebuffer-use

I tried this. I'm able to start an XServer which shows up on my PC. But
when I try fbgrab to see the actual frame in the framebuffer I don't see
the same thing. I see just a static green screen (green screen is
initialized during fb driver setup).

Am I doing something wrong with my fb driver implementation?

--
Praveen Kumar Pendyala,
Senior Undergraduate,