USB file mmap

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Mon Jul 7 12:34:30 EDT 2014

On Mon, Jul 07, 2014 at 07:30:07PM +0530, Jeshwanth Kumar N K wrote:
> Hello List,
> I am trying to understand mmap on files residing in USB flash, so can you
> please give a pointer from where I can start to understand this? I mean how it
> works, and which part in kernel takes care of it.

That's a _huge_ stack you are talking about here involving a vfs, the
memory management core, a filesystem, block layer, SCSI, and USB, at the
very least.

What _exactly_ are you looking to understand here?  And where in the
code have you looked and need help with?  What documents have you read
that were unclear?  And why do you need this information?

greg k-h