sysfs bind/unbind attributes usage

Raghavendra arrao at cdac.in
Tue Jul 1 05:07:20 EDT 2014

Hello,

I would like to know more about manually probing/removing the devices
through sysfs attributes.
After searching for a while I came across two attributes 'bind' and
'unbind' present in all the drivers.

Now how may I correctly use them to probe my devices.
I sense the probing syntax is different for different kinds of drivers
(I2C, SPI, PCI, USB, etc).
I am mainly looking for probing I2C and SPI devices.

Also I found related attributes called 'new_id and remove_id' (for PCI
drivers) and also 'new_device and delete_device' (present in the i2c
adapter devices). Now how are they different from the bind/unbind
attributes, because as far as I know, even they do the same thing.

Could any one guide me through any documentation regarding all these issues

Thanks,
Raghavendra

[ C-DAC is on Social-Media too. Kindly follow us at:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CDACINDIA & Twitter: @cdacindia ]